What to expect visiting the Student Center
To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, the Student Center has implemented the following changes in our operations:
We are a distribution point for GSU reusable masks.
Students can come to the Information Center on the 1st floor of Student Center East during our hours of operation to pick up their two GSU branded reusable masks (while supplies last).
We are being social but at a distance.
- Lounge furniture has been spread apart or removed to encourage 6’ distancing
- Every other bathroom sink has been turned off
- The designated areas for not wearing a mask while eating or drinking are the Courtyard Café on the 1st floor of Student Center East and in the Panther’s Club and Panther Place Lounge on the 3rd floor of Student Center West.
- We continue to schedule our event space, but our meeting room capacity has been reduced and is available here.
- We have created three virtual connection stations (SC East 201, SC West 258 and 259) for students to use to meet virtually with faculty or staff who are not able to meet in person. Students can inquire at the Information Center for use or go to the Student Center’s virtual event reservation system to create an account to make a reservation in advance.
- The University Bookstore will be using SC West 260 for Book Pickup. There will be no book bag drop-off in Panther Place Lounge as there has been previously.
We are enhancing sanitization efforts.
- We placed additional hand sanitizers by elevators, entries and other high traffic areas
- We are scheduling additional time between events to allow for the sanitization of meeting spaces and equipment.
- Although water fountains will be closed, our water bottle filling stations will be open.
- All Building Services Staff completed the University System of Georgia (USG) Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Our Building Services staff have received training from USG Facilities, and the Georgia Nation Guard regarding the cleaning and sanitization procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and have developed a COVID-19 response team.
- We purchased an Electrolyte GenEon machine to assist in sanitizing.
- We will be following the sanitation guidelines available from the “Cleaning and Sanitation” section of the ahead.gsu.edu FAQ section.
We are going cashless.
Research has found that bacteria can live on the surface of cash for several days, so, for the safety of our campus community and guests, we will no longer accept cash for services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Campus Tickets and Information Center Retail Sales
- Commercial Solicitation Reservations
- Cinefest Retail Sales
- Event Reservations
- Spotlight Programs Board
We will continue to accept credit card and PantherCash, at our retail locations, and accept credit card and company/organization checks for event reservations, as well as certain Spotlight programs. To support our efforts, we have ordered credit card machines with PIN pad extensions and new PantherCash machines. Thank you so much for your attention and patience as we transition to cashless operations! This does not apply to PantherDining venues or vending machines in the Student Center.