Off Campus Clients
Located in historic downtown Atlanta, the Student Center at Georgia State University is comprised of two buildings: Student Center East and Student Center West. The combined Student Center is a distinctive venue supported by high-quality, responsive services in a unique, urban university environment.
The Student Center’s goal is to first serve the university community and, as possible, address the needs and interests of businesses and organizations unaffiliated with the university that want to host flexible, short-term professional or educational events in the center. The Student Center’s strong commitment to client services, combined with competitive prices, will make the experience at the Georgia State University Student Center a rewarding one.
Policies and Fees
Clients who are unaffiliated with Georgia State University may request space reservations in the Student Center if their events fall within the scope of the university mission. See Make a Reservation for information about priority scheduling dates.
Fees will apply for the use of space and for additional services. Clients whose events must be scheduled during hours when the center is closed will be charged an additional $100 per hour.
PantherDining is the preferred caterer for Student Center spaces, but an outside caterer may be requested and approved.
Prospective unaffiliated clients must email written requests for space to the event planning manager for review and approval. Clients should have event details in order prior to contacting the Event Management office. Please include in the written request:
- Event date(s) and time(s) (access, start and end)
- Space required (number of rooms)
- Details of necessary room layout(s) including equipment and services
- Anticipated number of attendees
- Sponsoring group and contact information
- History or description of event and references of previous venues
Clients’ flexibility in terms of dates and space is highly encouraged. Unaffiliated clients who can schedule functions during non-peak times on campus will benefit significantly in terms of space availability.
Approval Process and Payment
Once the event request has been approved by the Student Center event planning manager, the following process will ensue:
- A Facilities Use Agreement and Exhibit A will be created.
- The signed agreement, Exhibit A, and a 50 percent deposit will be collected.
- Once the Student Center Senior Director signs the agreement, the date and venue will be confirmed. Until this step has been completed, the requested space may be approved and confirmed for other organizations.
- A walk-through will be scheduled prior to the event to verify event details.
- Ten days prior to the event, the final payment, certificate of liability insurance, a completed W-9, and confirmation the final event details will be due.
- The day of event, the client should arrive and work with the building manager to facilitate a successful event.
For more information or to inquire about space availability, contact Event Management by email, by phone at 404-413-1870 or in person in Student Center East, Suite 305.