Make a Reservation
On-Line Reservation Form
Registered student organizations and university departments may request reservations, changes and cancellations online through the Virtual Event Management System (Virtual EMS) for the use of event and meeting space in Student Center East, Student Center West, Veterans Memorial Hall, Unity Plaza and Urban Life Plaza.
All reservation requests are subject to change should circumstances warrant based on additional health and safety guidance and/or changes in institutional needs. Social distancing standards apply in all event spaces. Please see the “Use of Face Coverings” section of the Staying Healthy page of ahead.gsu.edu. Event organizers are responsible for maintaining these standards, including but not limited to verifying space capacities are not exceeded, furniture remains as placed, and participants are appropriately distanced. Failure to comply may result in consequences such as but not limited to cancellation of the reservation and event without refund, restrictions on future reservations, and financial penalties.
Due to renovations, Hurt Park will not be available for use for the 2020-21 academic year. Requests to schedule an event or make changes to an event within 72 hours of a reservation date must be made to Event Management by phone at 404-413-1870 via email.
Promotional space reservations may be submitted using this form.
Reservations are not confirmed until the requesting organization receives written confirmation from the Student Center Event Management office. Do not sign contracts or advertise events before receiving written confirmation.
- Registered student organizations receive priority in the reservation process because the facility is supported by student fees and is designed primarily to facilitate student activities. Registered student organizations may submit reservation requests up to one year in advance of the date they wish to use Student Center facilities.
- University departments may submit requests 180 days in advance.
- Reservation requests for recurring meetings are only accepted per semester. Spring semester recurring requests may be submitted starting October 15. Recurring requests for the summer and fall semesters may be submitted starting April 15 at 9 a.m. Recurring requests for meeting rooms only may be considered and approved.
- Groups that wish to request space further in advance may submit a Priority Scheduling Exception Request through Virtual EMS indicating why their reservation request should be accepted before the regular scheduling period.
- Organizations that are unaffiliated with Georgia State University may book events no more than 5 months in advance during the academic term (mid-August to the first week of May). During the summer months (second week of May to mid-August) and spring break, unaffiliated clients may book space 10 months in advance. Organizations that are unaffiliated with Georgia State University should see Off-Campus Clients for reservation policies.
For descriptions of the Student Center’s indoor and outdoor venues, see Reservable Spaces. For information about reserving display spaces for promotional materials, information tables and commercial solicitation tables, see Marketing & Event Promotion and Commercial Solicitation. For other information or to inquire about space availability, email Student Center Event Management, visit Student Center East, Suite 305, or call 404-413-1870.