Spring Student Center Open House
On Tuesday, January 28 the Student Center hosted an Open House and Resource Fair in conjunction with the Spring Student Organization Fair held in the Ballroom. Students had the opportunity to pick up a Student Center Open House Guide at the Information Center between 9 am and 5 p.m. or the Student Organization Fair between 11 a.m and 2 p.m. to collect stamps from the resource tables and offices below and turn their stamped sheets into the Student Center East Information Center by 10 p.m. the same day to be eligible for the prizes below:
- Guides submitted with 10 or more stamps received coupons for 10% off at Panther’s Club and an OZZI reusable container.
- Guides with 20 or more stamps received coupons for 20% off at Panther’s Club, an OZZI reusable container, and entered in a drawing for one of two GSU Prize Packages each valued over $100.
- Guides with all stamps received coupons for a Club Cup with unlimited refills at Panther’s Club during Spring 2020, a coupon for 20% off at Panther’s Club and an OZZI container and be entered in a drawing for one of three GSU Prize Packages each valued over $100.
The winners of the GSU Prize Packages were:
- Lakyn Goldman
- Qyncee Howard
- Azure Latimer
- Anahleigh Marchetta
- Kaelen White
Resource Tables (may include more)
- Athletics – Learn about claiming free student tickets to athletics events and how you can get involved with athletics via the Claw Club.
- Latinx Student Services & Outreach – LASSO supports and empowers Latinx students on all GSU campuses– follow them on Instagram: lasso_gsu”
- Emergency Management – Learn about the “LiveSafe” app and other safety and preparedness measures for all emergencies. Want to learn how to save a life? Hands-only CPR will be demonstrated to attendees. Pick up a free t-shirt (while supplies last).
- Integrative Health – Counseling & Testing, Health Clinic, and Health Promotion – provides free appointments with mental health and medical providers, low-cost labs and prescriptions, HIV and STI testing, Outreach programs, mind-body services, nutrition consults, and victim assistance.
- International Student & Scholar Services – provides immigration services for Georgia State’s international students and scholars. Learn more about the many exciting opportunities our International Student Associations Council offers to engage with our international population.
- PantherDining and Panther Catering – Learn how to get unlimited refills at Panther’s Club all semester long, as well as special student catering pricing.
- Paw Prints – GSU’s full-service print shop to serve students printing and copy needs. Whether you need study notes copied, resumes printed, presentation posters created, promotional products for events, etc., PawPrints has the solutions for your needs.”
- Recreational Services – Learn about what Rec has to offer in Intramurals, Aquatics, Fitness and Wellness, Sports Clubs, Instructional Clinics, Touch the Earth Outdoor programs and more!
- Rialto Center for the Arts – known as the place where Atlanta meets the world for its diverse programming including global music, jazz, dance and more! Learn about the upcoming Rialto Series shows that students can attend for only $5, and free parking is available!
- Student Success Programs & Scholarship Resource Center – Climb the ladder of academic success with scholarships – Learn how to apply today!
- Student Financial Management Center – Learn the Importance of Managing Finances While Attending Georgia State.
- Sustainability – Learn how we’re working with partners across campus and beyond to create and communicate innovative solutions to our most pressing global challenges.
- University Advisement Center – The UAC provides academic advising to students with fewer than 90 credit hours and helps students become familiar with GSU academic policies, campus resources, and degree requirements.
- University Housing – Living in University Housing makes campus feel like home. Take advantage of building great community and growth and development through educational, cultural, recreational and social programs.
- University Police – In addition to traditional policing and patrolling, GSUPD strives to provide students, faculty, and staff with programs and services that educate, enlist, and empower them in the fight against crime. Stop by for information and giveaways.
Many of the offices below will also be offering refreshments and additional prize opportunities.
Student Center East Offices
SC East 205 – Access & Accommodations Center – “Need x time on tests? Have ADHD? Autism? Anxiety? Deaf? Other?”
SC East 206 – Multicultural Center/Gender & Sexuality Resource Center – Supports students aligning their purpose with personal and academic goals by building a culture that fosters multicultural competence, diverse learning environments, and community building.
SC East 300 – Black Student Achievement – Through access, innovation, and inclusion, we provide engaging programs and services to aid in the retention, progression, and graduation of Black students.
SC East 302 and 303 – Dean of Students – provides resources for student success, workshops for life-readiness, and addresses emergency concerns.
SC East 304 – Student Civic Engagement – learn how to Get involved and Make your STATEment through various opportunities for community service and service-learning that enhance student learning and advance community development while responding to societal issues and concerns.
SC East 304 – New Student Orientation – learn about Off-Campus Housing and the resources available to you. You can access apartments around Atlanta to plan for making the most of your panther experience as an off-campus student and get some free swag!
SC East 310 – Student Center Administration – free locker rental for students and chartered student organizations
SC East 316 – Spotlight Programs Board – get involved with one of 8 committees of the university-sponsored, student-driven programming board
SC East 318 – PantherCatering – Come by and explore how 0ur catering teams will make your next catered campus event something memorable with our unique pairings and action stations
Student Center West Offices
SC West/Bookstore Building 2nd Fl. – Panther ID Office – issues PantherCards, processes PantherCash applications and deposits, meal plan applications, and biometric fingerprint enrollments.
SC West/Bookstore Building 2nd Fl. – Parking & Transportation – find out how to register your vehicle, purchase a discounted MARTA pass, pay or appeal a parking citation, and track campus buses using the Passio GO! live route map.
SC West 250 – The Signal – the independent student newspaper at Georgia State University – published at georgiastatesignal.com and distributed in print on all campuses.
SC West 251 (Studio 254) – NeoNetwork – online video organization featuring news, sports and original content.
SC West 270 – University Career Services – Visit our office to learn more about the services (from resume reviews to professional headshots) and resources , we provide to help you on your college to career journey. Refreshments will be provided!
SC West 271 – Album 88 student-run radio plays music and news 24/7 – online at WRAS HD-2, and 7 p.m. – 5 a.m. on WRAS FM.
SC West/Bookstore Building 3rd Fl. – Bookstore – 20% off a clothing or gift item in-store only today (January 28, 2020).
SC West 450 – Student Government Association – the official voice of the student body at Georgia State – learn about opportunities to have your voice heard.
SC West 475 – Fraternity & Sorority Life, Leadership Programs, Student Organizations – learn about the 500+ organizations you could get involved with and develop your leadership skills. With 33 fraternities and sororities from four different councils explore opportunities to go Greek!