All facility events and patrons are subject to state laws, Georgia State University rules and regulations and Student*University Center policies. The Student*University Center maintains the right to cancel without advance notice any event not in compliance with these regulations. It is the responsibility of the person requesting the facilities and services to ensure that the event and patrons are in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- For your safety, security and convenience, the Student*University Center Building Managers conduct periodic rounds throughout the facilities. Building Managers must be able to enter all spaces at any given time. Therefore, doors to an event space must remain unlocked and free of obstruction while the event is in progress.
- The Student*University Center Administrative Office and/or Building Manager should be notified in the event of an emergency and/or made aware of emergency situations that arise. All groups using the Student*University Center should become familiar with fire codes and safety policies when planning an event.
- All persons using the Student*University Center facilities are to act responsibly. Individuals that display disruptive, dangerous or inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave.
The use of all tobacco products is prohibited in all university facilities, including the Student*University Center. This includes all offices, leased spaces, doorways, meeting rooms, restrooms, dining areas and loading docks.
Use or possession of any illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
Gambling, in any form, is not permitted in the Student*University Center.
Animals other than those trained to assist the disabled are not permitted in the Student*University Center without prior approval from the Director of the Student*University Center. Requests for exceptions may be directed in writing to the Student*University Center Director 10 business days prior to the event.
No portable radios, portable personal audio devices, MP3 players, cassette decks, compact disc players, instruments or other sound devices can be operated without personal earphones in the public areas of the Student*University Center, Unity Plaza or Library Plaza without prior approval.
In compliance with fire and safety codes, hallways and stairwells must be free and clear of unauthorized items. An unauthorized item is defined as anything that is not a permanent Student*University Center authorized item such as a trash receptacle. Easels, display boards or other items are not to be placed in hallways and stairwells without exceptional approval from the Assistant Director of Center Services.
Lounges, meeting rooms and other common areas are intended for use by the university community and recognized guests. Individuals or groups without authorized approval to use these facilities are prohibited from doing so and will be asked to leave. Individuals who exhibit unacceptable behavior will be asked to leave and may be prohibited from future facility use.
Only Student*University Center trash receptacles should be located in common areas. Other receptacles are to be located in their respective offices, rooms and suites. Should an organization or group generate excessive trash, they are responsible for its disposal.
- All individuals using the Student*University Center facilities are expected to take reasonable steps to ensure proper care of the buildings and equipment. Accidental damage, repair and replacement costs are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- Intentional misuse, vandalism, defacing and/or destruction of Student*University Center facilities and/or equipment are prohibited.
- Property of the Student*University Center (i.e. furniture, paintings, sculptures, displays, flags, etc.) may not be moved or removed from the facility without the approval of the Associate Director for Building Administration.
Reserved space may not exceed occupancy capacity as determined by the University Safety office. Events that exceed specified capacity will be canceled.
Prior authorization for the use of candles or open flames must be obtained from the Associate Director of Building Administration. The use of candles or open flames without proper authorization is prohibited. Violation of the Candle/Open Flame policy will result in damage fees, suspension of reservation privileges, and/or cancellation of the event.
The use of electrical appliances in the Student*University Center is prohibited and all requests for exceptions to operate such devices (i.e. stoves, hot plates, toaster ovens, microwaves, space heaters, etc.) must be approved in advance by the Associate Director for Building Administration.
Roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, and similar devices are not to be operated in the Student*University Center.
The use of collection boxes in the Student*University Center requires the advance approval from the Associate Director for Building Administration. Only chartered student organizations may request permission to set up donation sites in the Student*University Center.
Facility users will be notified of an emergency or threat to safety by an alarm, the Student*University Center staff or University Police. If necessary, the facility will be evacuated in a calm and orderly fashion. In case of evacuation, all persons are to remain outside the building until they are instructed to return.
- Fire alarms and all other emergency-related equipment are provided for the protection of the public and users of the Student*University Center.
- Tampering with or misuse of this equipment is strictly prohibited and punishable by Georgia law.
- All persons are required to evacuate the building when the alarm sounds.
- Use the stairs, not the elevator, in evacuation situations.
In the event of an accident or injury, contact the University Police at 404-413-2100 for assistance. Inform the Student*University Center Administrative Office and/or Information Center of any emergencies as they occur.